Mozilla Foundation is coming to India. If you are interested in Firefox, are a contributor, or want to contribute, you must grab this opportunity!
Seth Bindernagel (Community Program Manager) and JT Batson (Head, International Marketing Efforts) of Mozilla Foundation are coming to India in mid July. The purpose of the trip is build further community involvement and start to find people who can help localizer drive the adoption of Firefox 3. This includes both supporting current volunteers in contributing more and providing resources.
Magnet did most of the localization for Firefox and other open source tools for Gujarati. Continuing our endeavors, we are organizing a one day event at our office to promote and support Firefox on 21st July 2007. Seth and JT will speak about community, localization, Firefox 3 and also promotion!
Note: The event will not be on 14th July now, since Mozilla will be attending the open source conference in Ahmedabad on 13th and 14th July. We will have it on 21st July now.
Here is the plan for the day:
- 10.30AM – Registration (it’s free!)
- 11AM – Introduction & Welcome
- 11.30AM – The State of Mozilla
- 12.00AM – Do we need an EN_IN version of Firefox? Local English, local search providers, certain spellings and other India specific items. Brainstorming, and team formation.
- 1.00PM – Lunch break
- 2.00PM – Brainstorming on promoting Firefox in India (Spread Firefox.in?)
- 3.00PM – How to localize Firefox? How did we localize for Gujarati? – small workshop
- 4.00PM – Firefox 3 – what’s up the sleeve?
- 5.00PM – Completion
The day is going to be exciting. It’s going to be mix of development, community and brainstorming sessions.
Who should attend?
- Everyone who’s helped in localization of Firefox / other Mozilla Software
- Students and Open Source evangelists who want to promote Mozilla / Firefox
- Community organizers & marketing enthusiasts
- Anyone who’s interested in Mozilla / Firefox
Please add your name to wiki (link below), if you wish (you should!) to attend the event:
We plan to have a Mumbai GNU/Linux Users Group meeting in the evening with a talk on Ruby on Rails. The plan on that will be announced on the mailing list soon.
- Seth Bindernagel
- JT Batson
- Chris Hofmann
- Venky Hariharan
- Kartik Mistry
- Nirav Mehta
- Dibya Prakash
- Vipul Mathur
- Barkha Khatri
- Dilip Khanolkar
- Osric Xavier Fernandes
- Mitul Lambani
- Easwar Hariharan
- Gaurav Chaturvedi
- Mohan S N
- Sanjay Bhangar
- R. K. Rajeev
- V K Bharadwaj
- J. T. D’souza
- Prashant Shah