I love National Geographic photographs. Sujeet linked to a Nat Geo photo on a tweet today, and that led me to setting up National Geographic Photo of the Day as my Mac desktop wallpaper using an Automator action.
Interested? Here are some notes:
- Nat Geo offers free Windows and Mac screensaver applications of their best Photo of the Day. If you want a screensaver and not a desktop wallpaper, that’s your best bet!
- This work on Mac. Haven’t searched for Windows / Linux alternatives yet.
- Download the NPODWallpaper Automator script by Maxwell Duncan.
- When unzipped and installed, it will create an Automator application in your Applications folder.
- Double click and run it. Status messages will be shown in top menu bar.
- If all went well, your wallpaper would have changed. Hit F11 to quickly verify.
- If you are happy, setup an iCal event to run the script everyday. That will give you the latest POD from NatGeo automatically!
- Sweet, uh!