If you are coming here after my talk at Prerna – Entrepreneurship Seminar at SFIMAR today, welcome to a budding entrepreneur! What follows is a collection of my best articles on entrepreneurship from last 4 years.
My Best Blogs Posts for Entrepreneurs and Startups
- How to pick a co-founder?
- Are you a ‘scale-first’ or ‘money-first’ entrepreneur?
- Entrepreneur’s Lesson: Be Frugal, Avoid Temptations
- 5 Things That Changed My Life, and Could Change Yours
- Avoid these customers – five warning signs to say no to customers, plus three signs to die for
- 8 Traits To Be Great
- What’s the formula for Genius?
- Apple’s Marketing Secrets
- Life is about personal leadership
- Startup School 2008: Key Takeaways, from OnStartups
- The Art of Speed
- 10 Resolutions to boost your business
- Seven ways to avoid the growth traps
- Personal Brand – steps in creating a powerful personal brand
- Deliver Authentic Leadership – Robin Sharma
- HP’s Rules of Garage
Remember, there is equal risk in jobs and business
You will be concerned about four things when you consider starting on your own:
- Entrepreneurship is too risky
- It takes too much time
- Business requires significant skills and confidence
- (and best of all) Starting your own business needs lot of money
Consider that first three concerns apply to doing a job as well. As for money, it’s really about cashflows – both for individuals and businesses. If you have an urge, don’t wait, start something of your own. You can do it over weekends, you can do it on a small scale, but just do it!
And yes, you don’t need to be the poster boy of entrepreneurs, you don’t need huge successes
Most people talk about dreaming big and huge successes and the glamor around entrepreneurship. The truth is, you don’t need to be hugely successful. What matters is whether you are happier being on your own and making more than what you would have made in a job. You don’t need to grow to be the biggest company. You just need to follow your passion.
Go out, start something!