Got an email this morning from HubSpot about The Influencer Project – 60 Ways to Increase Your Online Influence – In 60 Minutes. HubSpot generally comes up with good content, so I went ahead and downloaded the report.
The Influencer Project got 60 thought leaders together, gave them one minute each to speak about what you can do to increase your online influence in the next sixty days. You can download the audio recording and transcript from here, but here are my notes (and what I found most valuable).
- People are not interested in your product / service. They are passionate about solving their problem.
- Use targeted Facebook ads to reach your audience. You can even target people from a specific company!
- Grow your circle. Look outside.
- Talk to people. Social media is about interaction.
- Give good information on how people can solve their problems.
- Be consistent.
- Get offline. Call and meet people in physical world!
- Create 2 minute videos with insights / solutions. (and invite them to subscribe to your list)
- Defy conventions.
- Talk about people you want to influence.
- Set up a Facebook fan page.
- Create a video interview of yourself – either by a professional reporter or a friend.
- Share your expertize. Share whatever you know.
- Be clear about your online persona from the beginning.
- Repeat your tweets / blog posts.
- Answer people’s questions on your landing page before selling them something.
- Use large buttons before the fold on your landing page.
- Get out of your head and get into other people’s spaces.
- Share about your different businesses / passions. It’s not necessary to talk only about one thing. Make more connections.
- What are the challenges your influencers have? Provide some solution for that. And then you influence your influencers.
- Stories – Human Psychology – Great Content
- Product value of your content gets you attention.
- Ask questions that start a conversation on social media
- Follow 5/10 people that you admire over next 60 days. Comment on their blog, retweet them. Then ask them for a 15 minute interview with you.
- And finally, the most important: Don’t just feel good about this advice, get into action!
What would you do to increase your online influence?